Pinto Cross CRS

shrimpy1547

• HOF Member

The best thing if you can't afford to buy pure Pintos is to get 1 or 2 male pinto and some pinto mischlings - pinto x CRS or CBS - you should get a percentage of Pintos this way, then try to pick out all the male mischlings and discard them keeping only any Pinto types and female mischlings. Over time you will get more pinto types and can then discard the female mischlings too. Getting a couple of males Pintos will increase your numbers quicker as the males can mate with a large number of females - if you can also get a couple of female pintos then you will be well on your way. 

I think@gbang might have some but limited numbers..

Tagging doesn't seem to work in Tapatalk for me unfortunately! But send him a pm. He's very busy and may or may not reply anytime soon but it's worth a shot. They are very nice :-)

Love n peace

Will

• HOF Member

No The breeding is more involved than that . When you cross a Taiwan Bee with an OEBT you get an F1 Taitibee Then depending on what you breed these with you get various different patterns and types. as with all hybrids you are never certain what you will get. I don't have the specific breeding regime to get Pinto but they do come from Taitibee x Taiwan Bee I believe but it takes many generations to get them. These are some F1 types as you can see there is a lot of work to doimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

• HOF Member

As I mentioned with hybrids there is no guarantee what you will get initially. In the long run its much easier and quicker to get a few Pintos and breed mischlings then breed back to the Pintos to increase your numbers. I have a few pinto type showing up in my Taitibee TB biut that is after many generations. I'm sure if you search you will find the basic breeding but people don't always share those types of thingsimage.jpgIMG_20160401_112430.jpg

56 minutes ago, shrimpy1547 said:

guide on the Internet which explains the breeding regime

Ineke is right.

If you want a pinto you need to breed a Pinto with another Pinto.

If you breed a Pinto x Mischling, you will get a small % of pinto. It's luck of the draw. You might not even get any.

If you breed a Pinto x CRS/CBS, you will get an even smaller chance of getting a Pinto. Almost like striking lotto in the first few generations.

There is no guide on the internet because no one can predict a shrimp will produce a Pinto colour variation, unless you are breeding two Pintos. Even then nature can throw out surprises.

The closest to a guide is maybe this sticky thread explaining the terminology and genetics.

For "true" pinto, the line being stable you can cross them with crs to get F1, crossing back the F1 x F1 will give you pintos. It works the same way as twb hybrids. In europe we usually get spotted head f1 hybrids,the offspring of those would be spotted heads, pintos and different colours of taitibee bolts : blue, yellow, orange.

spotted hybrid

816889P1090276.jpg

bolts

129831P1080176.jpg

pintos and taitibee blue bolt

201041P1040531.jpg